CBD for Gut Health
8th Feb 2022
What is Gut Health?
The human gut is a complex system that has a huge impact on whole-body health. Along with effective digestion, a healthy gut contributes to a strong immune system, heart health, brain health, improved mood, and better sleep.
Benefits of CBD for Gut Health
Every living being with vertebrae has a natural endocannabinoid system that serves the purpose of restoring and maintaining balance in the body. Endocannabinoid receptors are found throughout the body, but are highly concentrated in the brain and gut. These receptors interact with the gut in a number of ways:
- - Regulating digestion through improved nutrient absorption
- - Reducing gut inflammation
- - Bridging communication with the brain
CBD for gut health engages the endocannabinoid system by interacting with receptors throughout the body. Unlike its cousin, THC, CBD will not cause a high.
Gut Health and Mental Health
If you have ever experienced the sensation of butterflies in your stomach or needing to go to the bathroom before public speaking or a competitive event, you understand that there is a relationship between the gut and the brain. This concept extends to mental health as well. There is consistent research emerging that demonstrates that the brain and gut do communicate with each other in very important ways to control mental stress and physical ailments. Gut health and mental health may both improve with a properly functioning and engaged endocannabinoid system.
Turmeric for Gut Health
Receptra Serious Relief tinctures and gummies contain the added benefits of turmeric. There are numerous studies that demonstrate an increase in bacterial diversity and reduced inflammation with turmeric. Curcumin is a natural component of turmeric and is responsible for serveal gut health benefits. Here are some of the ways that turmeric for gut health can help:
- - The Stomach - Turmeric inhibits the enzymes that contribute to stomach issues and increases the amount of mucous in the stomach. Mucous is the stomach's defense against gastric acid.
- - The Intestines - The smooth muscles on the intestine walls are relaxed by curcumin, which helps to comfortably push food through the digestive process. The addition of turmeric can also reduce gas and bloating.
- - The Colon - Curcumin helps balance your gut bacteria and encourages healing when leaky gut or pathogenic bacteria is present.
- - The Liver - The combination of turmeric and fiber-rich foods can help your liver more efficiently cleanse cholesterol from the body. Boosting bile production helps trap cholesterol and move it though the liver to the colon.
Receptra Serious Relief CBD for Gut Health
Receptra Serious Relief CBD tincture + Turmeric is a full spectrum CBD option for any time of day or night. This product line is for both those with advanced needs for pure hemp CBD, and for those new to using Receptra Naturals products. Because of its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric can contribute to healthy digestion.
Each dropper contains either 33 mg or 66 mg of full spectrum CBD depending on the concentration you purchase. Tinctures are best taken sublingually for maximum bioavailability.