This amazing Ube Halaya Recipe with Receptra CBD was created by Tiffany Hang of Dash of Hang and is just in time for the holiday food-prepping season.
This recipe is a great way to add a new after-dinner treat to your festivities. This ube halaya recipe can be used as a spread on toast, as a filling in pastries, or on it’s own as a dessert.
The fun purple color of ube (okinawan sweet potato) is also a great way to add a pop of color to your dessert menu. Okinawan sweet potatoes are also a great option if you are trying to balance traditional holiday foods like yams and sweet potatoes with something new and different. The addition of Receptra CBD to your holiday recipes may help take some of the stress out of the busy season.
1. Steam ube/Okinawan sweet potato. Allow to cool, peel, and grate. If using store-bought frozen grated ube, allow to thaw before use. If you don’t have an immersion blender (as needed in step 3), blend grated ube/Okinawan sweet potato into a stand blender until smooth.
2. In a large heavy bottom pot over medium-high heat, combine the grated ube, evaporated milk, coconut milk, condensed milk, sugar, and salt until sugar dissolves.
3. Using an immersion blender, blend mixture until smooth.
4. When the mixture reaches a boil, reduce the heat to a medium-low and cook for approximately 45 mins. Stir mixture constantly to prevent burning.
5. When halaya begins to thicken, mix in vanilla, lemon juice, butter, and Receptra Naturals Vanilla Mint CBD until well-combined.
6. When just thickened to your desired consistency, remove from heat. Transfer halaya into glass canning jars. Seal lid immediately and allow for halaya to cool to room temperature. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week and in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Ube Halaya with CBD for the Holidays!
There are so many ways to use ube halaya and we would love to see yours! Send your Receptra CBD holiday Ube Halaya or other Receptra CBD recipes to email@example.com and happy holidays! For more great recipes, visit our Receptra CBD recipe section and check out https://www.dashofhang.com.