QR is short for “Quick Response” Code. A QR code works basically the same way as a barcode at the supermarket. It is a machine-scannable image that can be read instantly using a Smartphone camera. Every QR code consists of a number of black squares and dots which represent certain pieces of information.
What is a QR Code used for?
A QR Code that is scannable with a smartphone will link directly to a piece of information assigned to the code. This provides additional information to a consumer without having to list all of the information on packaging, which can be cumbersome or unreasonable due to the changing nature of the information.
Why does Receptra Naturals have QR codes on their boxes?
Each Receptra Naturals CBD product comes in a box that has a QR code on it. The QR code links to the Certificate of Analysis (COA) for that individual product. The COA is comprised of information from the third party testing results Receptra receives for each products, ensuring safety and transparency.
1. Open up the camera app. Apple’s iPhones have built-in QR code scanning capabilities, so there’s no need to download a separate scanning app unless you really want to. Ever sinceiOS 12, there’s even a direct QR code reader in the Control Panel.
2. Position your phone so the QR code appears in the digital viewfinder. The camera app should automatically recognize the QR code. Of course, the right distance and angle can help. The QR code doesn’t need to fill the entire screen, but all four corners should be visible. If your camera is too angled, the app may have trouble recognizing the code, so a straight-on approach is best. Image stabilization technology helps a lot with the shakes, but try to avoid moving too much so the code square stays visible.
3. Launch the code. Your iPhone will not automatically initiate the QR code activity. Instead, a notification bar will pop up at the top of the screen, showing that the QR has been understood, usually with a handy brief description of what the QR code will do – like opening a specific web page. If you believe that the QR code is safe, tap on the notification bar to launch the code activity.
Using an Android
1. Check to see if your Android phone supports QR code scanning.Not all Android phones come with this ability yet, so you may have to take some extra steps before scanning. Google Assistant can detect QR codes. Simply long press on the Home icon or say “OK, Google,” then tap the Google Lens icon at the bottom right. If you have a Samsung phonewith Bixby capabilities, Bixby can also automatically detect QR codes. Otherwise, you may need to add an app. We suggest downloading theQR Code Reader, which is a simple and highly effective option (albeit one that comes with ads), or the slightly more complexi-nigma Barcode Scanner.
2. Open your scanning app. Open up the app, whether it’s Bixby, QR Code Reader,Samsung Optical Reader, or whatever option is installed on your Android phone. These apps should have a “scanning” function you can choose immediately, or will open directly onto a scanning window via the camera. Position the QR code. Remember, the code’s corners should be fully visible in the scanning window, and the camera should be more or less directly above the code for it to work. Hold the phone steady while it identifies the code.
3. Choose the correct option. The app should then provide a pop-up option to take an action based on the QR code. It may ask you if you want to navigate to a website, download something, or open an app you currently use. If you trust the source, believe that the QR code is safe, and understand what it will do, select the most appropriate option for you.